"Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ."
Galatians 6:2 (New Living Translation)
Are you in need of someone who cares? Supports you? Listens?
Stephen Ministry is a free service open to all church and community members. Someone cal walk alongside you if you are experiencing...
- loss of a loved one
- retirement changes
- terminal illness
- being shut-in
When an event shakes up your world, you can either let it hurt you or help you. If you would like help in turning a life crisis into an opportunity for growth and faith, a Stephen minister is ready to help you.
At Stephen Minister is:
- a trained lay volunteer
- a good listener
- trained in confidentiality
- supervised for quality care
- ready to offer God's love through a Christian caring relationship on a one-to-one basis
Email (click on the link below) our Stephen Ministry leader, Nils Friberg, to request being assigned a care giver. Please provide him your contact information so that he can discuss with you specific needs in order to match you with a Stephen Minister who can best walk alongside you.
Are you interested in becoming a Stephen Minister?
Since 1975, more than 13,000 churches from 180 denominations have trained over 600,000 laypeople as Stephen Ministers. Millions of hurting people have benefited from their care. It's a time-proven program where Christ cares for people through people.
- are named after St. Stephen, one of the first deacons in the early Christian church, commissioned by the apostles to care for the needs of people in the community
- are lay Christians selected, trained and supervised by Stephen Leaders to provide effective Christ-centered care
- make a commitment which includes receiving training, ongoing supervisory meetings, and an average of one 1-hour visit per week with the person receiving their care
- recognize this as a confidential ministry in which continuous effort is extended to maintain the body of trust between the person receiving care and the caregiver
Being a Stephen Minister can greatly enrich your life as you gain insight and develop strength in interpersonal relationship skills and spiritually infused service. GracePoint Church periodically provides training sessions. Email Nils Friberg by clicking on the link below to let him know your interest.
Although my needs changed as I went from wife to caregiver to widow, my Stephen Minister's love and support remained a constant. She was there at every stage of my journey, helping me through some of the most difficult moments of my life—so I could begin to heal. - Susan
My Stephen Minister listens—really listens. He doesn't judge me or tell me what to do but walks side by side with me. I never realized how helpful and healing that can be. With his care and support, I'm making it through. - Brian
My Stephen Minister's weekly visits became an anchor in my life—something I could rely on when everything else was so uncertain. She was a steady reminder of God's presence, helping me know I was never alone. - Heather