Follow the links on this page to resources that will help you share the Good News of Jesus and build your own relationship with God. Intervarsity’s website has an entire section devoted to evangelism. The site offers:
• A basic gospel outline.
• A guide to using the bridge illustration, a simple visual description of the gospel that shows Jesus bridging the sin-created gap between individuals and God.
• A guide to using the broken family illustration. This outline uses the familiar concept of broken human families to explain the gospel.
• Building Trust in Relationships, a brief description of four simple steps you can take to build relationships with non-Christian friends.
• "You Don’t Have to Sell Jesus," a slightly longer article describing how evangelism calls for pointing people toward Jesus, not “selling” Jesus.
Relationship to Culture
• Another Intervarsity resource is How to View a Movie Intelligently: 10 questions to help you think and talk about movies from a worldview perspective.
• Focus on the Family has made a very useful tool available for reviewing movie content called Plugged In.
Bible Reading and Devotionals - Get Into God’s Word!
Psalm 119:10-12: “I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees.”
• Weekly Bible reading journal to be used to help you keep track of the highlights of your daily Bible reading.
• It is never too late to begin reading the entire Bible in one year. Pick up a daily guide at the Information Kiosk outside the sanctuary or at the Information Center. Read the entire Bible in one year. Get daily readings in your choice of versions online at www.oneyearbibleonline.com. If you prefer, DOWNLOAD a print guide (pdf) and tuck it inside your own Bible. See for yourself what blessings God can reveal to you in the study of HIS Word by joining in the “Read the Bible in a Year” challenge!
RBC Ministry provides free resources “to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable and accessible to all.” Among many items, the site offers:
• The daily devotional reading from Our Daily Bread in an online text version. There is also a link to an audio version at the top of the page.
• The text of the daily reading from Oswald Chambers’ "My Utmost for His Highest."
Bible Study Aids
We hope you find these online resources helpful as you study the Bible.
Biblegateway.com - Read Scripture in dozens of translations in many languages; this site also includes reading plans, search tools, audio content, and other resources.